New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why does Pinterest dominate Google text search results?

New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why does Pinterest dominate Google text search results?
Ask HN: Why does Pinterest dominate Google text search results?
545 by Winterflow3r | 271 comments on Hacker News.
More and more often when I search (using text queries, not image search, which I know has been polluted by Pinterest for years), I get pages upon pages of Pinterest results, sometimes the same Pinterest page but from the different pinterest country domains like pinterest.fi for Finland and pinterest.se for Sweden. Does anyone know if Google gives Pinterest preferential treatement in SEO rankings? Edit: A few comments were asking what my queries were to generate search results where Pinterest dominates, so clarifying that a bit. I run a site that has a colour search engine for lipsticks and since Google is one of the dominant ways in which people land on my site (searching for things like "nyx budapest lipstick dupes"), I was studying various makeup related queries to see which sites ranked highest . Edit2: Edited the title for clarity - I mean text search, not image search


via Blogger https://ift.tt/3rwxnMG
December 26, 2020 at 02:08PM