New best story on Hacker News: YouTube suspended my account for posting DeFi hackathon video

New best story on Hacker News: YouTube suspended my account for posting DeFi hackathon video
YouTube suspended my account for posting DeFi hackathon video
585 by thijser | 351 comments on Hacker News.
I knew Google's automated processes were pretty bad from earlier stories here, but today I got hit by it myself. I participated in the totally legit EthGlobal "Hack Money" hackathon ( https://ift.tt/3c6VSHN ) earlier this year and one of required submissions of that event was a video describing your work. I made one and uploaded it to Youtube. The hackathon went great and we won some prizes but that's not relevant to this story. Yesterday evening I received an email from Youtube that they've removed my channel because "Spam, scams or commercially deceptive content are not allowed on YouTube.". I thought this certainly must be an error so I used the attached appeal link and got a response within less than 15 minutes that they appeal has been rejected and that no further replies will be processed. I am a paid Youtube Music subscriber and I can't login to even listen to my own music anymore. Amazing. I would like to think that Google's AI systems are smarter than just videoTitle.contains("hack") && videoTitle.contains("money"), but apparently not. If anybody has connections who can help get me unsuspended that would be highly appreciated. The google cache of my channel is still available here: https://ift.tt/3ouRFad...


via Blogger https://ift.tt/3dqqw1S
December 07, 2021 at 04:05AM