New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Banned from LinkedIn for Reporting Wickr Drug Spam

Tell HN: Banned from LinkedIn for Reporting Wickr Drug Spam
510 by silent_speech | 157 comments on Hacker News.
It made the news recently that Wickr (Amazon owned E2EE chat app) is full of illegal imagery. I read about this on my LinkedIn feed then decided to search for "Wickr" there to see who else was talking about this. The search returned dozens of spam messages offering drugs in Asia and the US with information to contact on Wickr for price. I reported these drug spam posts to LinkedIn - which is supposedly an anonymous report. Next day I got a flood of reports on my own comments (nothing to do with that topic), so many I didn't bother to appeal as I had other things to do. Few hours later my account was down. Seems that for retaliation the drug network decided to find me out and use their accounts to subvert LinkedIn's policy and ensure I can't stop their spam. They have new spam up now while my account is gone. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.