New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: I love programming but hate the industry. Can anyone relate?

Ask HN: I love programming but hate the industry. Can anyone relate?
384 by DanUKs | 293 comments on Hacker News.
I love building and working - always have, always will. I've been programming for nearly 10 years, 5 of those professionally but the industry is literally destroying my soul and it has recently become crippling. I've been in all kinds of jobs, from start-ups to massive corporate companies. I'm forever building my own side projects as I love it, as well as love the idea of making my own living but as you all know, side hustles don't make money over night. I'm currently in a great job. By great job I mean, the money is really good, there's room to grow and the opportunities are endless... Yet I can't bare it. I can't bare the devs that go out of their way to work weekends without being asked, I can't bare the endless meetings, constant micromanagement, bringing the stress home to my family. I don't know where or who to turn to. Can anyone relate?