New best story on Hacker News: Show HN: I built an app for when I talk too much in online meetings

Show HN: I built an app for when I talk too much in online meetings
432 by interleave | 189 comments on Hacker News.
Hey HN! Alexis here, I’m a product manager and software developer in Berlin by way of New York. I want to show you this app I made – It’s like a "buddy" for those, like myself, who inadvertedly talk too much in meetings. The app gives me feedback and a little more in control of what I have influence over by: * Keeping track of how long I’ve been speaking * Catching myself before I talk too much * Developing a better sense of timing I truly love having conversations with people in real-life. But online meetings, especially group calls, tend to make me nervous. I can't read body language. The tone of voice, micro-experessions and social cues get lost. If you, too, accidentally talk too much too often, check it out "Unblah". Watch the quick 2-minute demo and download the macOS app over at https://unblah.me/ . Cheers! Alexis PS: There’s a whole FAQ section for common questions you may have – Including if this is yet another "native" Electron app ;) edit: bullet-list formatting