New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: You can't hire because you don't post salary ranges

Tell HN: You can't hire because you don't post salary ranges
756 by Carrok | 399 comments on Hacker News.
At the start of this year, Colorado has changed to require every job posted to list a salary range. Other states are also beginning to follow suit. I am currently job hunting. I started looking locally, everything lists salary ranges, perfect. I can know which positions to skip and which ones might be a good match right away. No need to waste time with 7 rounds of interviewing only to find out the salary is 50% of what I currently make. Now I've begun widening my search to remote work, as the idea of commuting to an office in 2022 is completely insane to me. Most jobs on nation-wide job boards do not post a salary range. I will not even click on those job postings. It's simply not worth it. Further, after seeing so many positions listed _with_ salary ranges, when I see one without a salary range it makes me feel like you have something to hide and are trying to trick me. So the next time your team starts discussing why you can't seem to hire, maybe ask if you are publicly posting salary ranges on these positions?