New best story on Hacker News: Show HN: Trading cards made with e-ink displays

Show HN: Trading cards made with e-ink displays
519 by jonahss | 176 comments on Hacker News.
I made a thing! In 2014, I was holding a stack of iPhones and thought to myself: "Hey, if I had each phone display a playing card, I could click a button and they'd shuffle themselves" I pared that idea all the way down to this: trading cards made of e-ink displays. Right now, each card costs me about $20 each, but with only a bit more scale, I think I can get that down to $10. In doing this project, I learned how to design electronics and circuit boards. I learned Rust and wrote my first driver, I upped my CAD skills, 3D printed, and did my first resin casting. I generated the images on the cards using stable-diffusion. HN always seems to appreciate new uses for e-ink. Thought I'd share :)