New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Is anyone else glad the crypto market is crashing?

Ask HN: Is anyone else glad the crypto market is crashing?
602 by blueberrychpstx | 614 comments on Hacker News.
Obviously it's bad if people lose their entire life savings and all that dead horse beating disclaimer stuff. I fancy myself as a somewhat esoteric idea person, and so when I first discovered cryptocurrency a few years ago, I was very excited to explore the mind bending ways we can build __NEW__ things. Instead, JPEGs and skeuomorphic representations of traditional financial vehicles in web3 space. I'm hoping this crash and those in the future rid the space of the toxic backrooms these $30,000 jpegs provide access to and get us to collectively work on building really exciting cool new things. What do you all think?