New best story on Hacker News: Show HN: I 3D scanned the interior of the Great Pyramid at Giza

Show HN: I 3D scanned the interior of the Great Pyramid at Giza
710 by lukehollis | 131 comments on Hacker News.
Hey HN, I 3d scanned the interior of the Great Pyramid / Khufu's pyramid for the Giza Project this summer and just finished the guided version to share. Would love feedback and/or problems you encounter. I used both a Leica BLK 360 and Matterport Pro 2 to do the scanning and the Matterport SDK for the web viewer. Matterport's web display with Three.js has been the most accessible to a wide audience in the past (previous iterations are in Unity and Unreal, but difficult to download over slower connections). I've been interviewing social studies teachers around the 6th grade level to create teaching materials as well, and these along with other monuments that I've scanned at Giza are up at https://giza.mused.org/ Cheers from Cairo--and thanks for any feedback.